Cycle triggering

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Cycle triggering

Post by mattharris19 »

I want to trigger my light show using a Behringer FCB 1010 foot pedal. I have everything responding to the midi notes. Im trying to step through the scenes in my cycle somehow. I basically want it to wait to go to the next scene until i trigger it. That way im in syc with my band. Should I use the "GO" button in a cycle to do this and can I assign that to midi? Is this the best way to step through a light show or should I be doing something else?
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Cycle triggering

Post by RichterMC »

Hi,

I think you are on the right way to accomplish your task.
You can use a cycle as a simple cue list, but it can be a bit tricky.

You can´t use the "Go to the next button" command because this will only jump to the next button but won´t trigger it.
But you can use the "Playback the Cycle" function and tigger it with your midi pedal.

Drag all your scenes and/or switches in to a cycle in the order you want to trigger them.
At the moment you can only drop scenes and switches to the timeline view of a cycle not in the list view.
Set the time of the frist scene to 000m00s01, the second to 000m00s02 and so on.
Enable the "Go" checkbox in each scene and switch, at the moment you have to do this one by one.

Go to the Midi Console and set a midi trigger from your pedal to the "Playback the Cycle" function.
Now you should be able to step to the next scene or switch with every trigger of your pedal.

Let us know now it goes.

Best Gernot
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Cycle triggering

Post by simonB »

Right click the button on the console you want to link
Click the 'Live tab'
Click the star
go to 'Cycle->Playback the cycle'
Simon
--