Bargraph?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Bargraph?

Post by mattharris19 »

I can see the barograph feature in the easytime section if I right click, but I dont know how to use it? I tried applying it to a dimmer but it doesn't seem to respond?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Bargraph?

Post by simonB »

I need to find some time to write the documentation on this, I'll give you a quick explanation now.

The bargraph feature allows an EasyTime timeline to follow the velocity of an incoming audio signal at a frequency band specified in the sound to light window.

To set this up:
-make sure you have a good audio input
-open the sound to light window and select the bargraph tab
-set the frequency range you want to capture using the frequency and width dials
-if you need more than 3 bands, then you can create new ones by clicking the down arrow and selecting new
-look at the level meter bars on each bar to change the attack and decay and gain dials to produce a level which looks good
-go to easytime, select the the bargraph checkbox below the loop checkbox
-right click to change the frequency band
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

So if I wanted to have a fixture flash on when my drummer hits his kick drum what do I do? Do I route his kick drum to the input of my computer, put an easytime curve on the dimmer channel?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

You don't need a curve effect, just a gradient will do
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Mikey851
New Forumor

Post by Mikey851 »

Is it possible to have certain fixtures follow certain frequencies and other fixtures follow other frequencies?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

yes, thats the whole point
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

Do you have an idea on how to build a VU Metter ?
I tryed to set a Grandiant Effekt on all Fixtures Dimmer channel with the same Frequency Bargraph turned on.

Then from an EasyTime perspective i would say the logical way would be to move the Gradient for higher VU Level Fixtures to a more right position all having the same End.
However moving them to the right doesnt work as they seam to need to start at the same time/note.

I basical need to achieve fixtures not showing up with lower levels of Audio but how to do that.

Holger

P.S. Just noticed that when using the Auto Gradient it doesnt work but when setting to manual and 0%-100% it does what it is supposed to do.
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

well maybe the one with the different wait times at the beginn of a sequence does work.
In the visu it was just no difference.

I will build one with at least 6 Bars and test again.

Regards
Holger
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

It is quite a lengthy process at the moment due to a few small problems we'll have fixed in the next version. I will make a tutorial on this when the new features are done. For now this is what you need to do:
1.Create a switch and colour the fixtures how they would look if all lights were on. I used the colour manager on a rect to accomplish this
2.Create a second switch and set the priority to SUB, edit the second switch
3.Select the first column of fixtures, assign the easytime command, make sure timeline compression is off
4.Drag/drop a white constant level, then a black constant level
5.Right click the black block and create a short fade between the 2 blocks, something like 0.1 seconds
6.Right click the black block and create a phasing delay of around 0.1 seconds
7.Resize the black and white blocks so that they are as small as possible
8.Assign each timeline to follow bargraph (instead of time, found under the loop icon)
9.Right click each bargraph icon and select a frequency band
10.Close/save the button, open up the sound to light window, make sure you have an audio input and set up your frequency bands, rise time, hold time and gain accordingly
11.Once you are happy with the first band, drag and drop each fixture in the first column onto the fixture to the right in the second column
12.You may need to right click the black block and re-create the phasing delay as it is not copied automatically (bug)
13.Like before, set the second frequency band by right clicking on the bargraph button
14.Repeat steps 11-13 for each column, then tweak the sound to light settings

It is quite a long process at the moment but after we have integrated to possibility to add chase effects, new matrix effects, enable bargraph on multiple timelines at once and have fixed a few copy bugs, this will be much quicker. I have created a 5 band example to show you. It took me about 30 minutes to make. See attachement.

I have also uploaded a video of the working show to http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/files/eq.mov
Attachments
equaliser.shw
(14.59 KiB) Downloaded 872 times
Simon
--
Sales/Support
hsteppke
Super Forumor

Post by hsteppke »

That one looks great, your the man :)

My one was just red and showing a level.... and not a real VU meter