3d Visualizer Graphics card issue

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

3d Visualizer Graphics card issue

Post by blaide »

I'm using the demo show to practice and learn all the controls while watching the tutorials and when I play scene 1 of the demo show in Sunlitesuite 2 the video is very choppy as is the view if I grap the stage to rotate. If I turn the scene off by clicking on Init bottun, then grabbing and rotating the stage is smooth and fluisd. Is there a setting I need to change in sunlite or my video card to get the active scenes to play and render smoothly? I am using a brand new MSI laptop with a i7-3630QM processor, Nvidiua GeForce GTX 680M with 4 Gb of GDDR5 ram, 16GB of DDR3 ram and a 750GB 7200 RPM + 256G SSD9Super Raid) hard drive so I have plenty of graphics and processor power.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Re: 3d Visualizer Graphics card issue

Post by blaide »

I made sure my video card as assigned to run the 3d visualizer in Sunlite Suite2 instead of the integrated graphics card, and I made sure nothing else was using the graphics cards as far as any other programs. Sunlite was the only thing running., If I go to the render options on the 3d visualizer and uncheck advanced, the visualizer runs smooth, but if I check the box for advanced, it is choppy. My Laptop is a high end machine meant for rendering high frame rate video games. Why can't I see advanced mode smoothly displayed? Anyone?
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

I resolved the issue.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

If you get time, please explain how for the benefit of other users with similar problems. Thanks!
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Sure Simon, no problem. I adjusted the power scheme of the laptop. In windows 8 it was set to "balanced" which balances CPU and GPU with battery life. That can cause problems as it throttles back the raw power of the processors. Turned the power settings to power user or whatever the most powerful setting is that doesn't concerve battery life, and it was fine.