Scan Library Setting for creating new fixture profiles

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

Scan Library Setting for creating new fixture profiles

Post by blaide »

1. I'm trying to create fixture profiles for our new products that we will be showing at the DJ expo in 2 weeks and while creating a fixture and filling in the fields, I click on the "Picture" box located at the top right of the profile settings page. When I click on it to change the picture, I get a pop\up window showing a tree list of all the different manufacturers that are in the scan editor. But when I click on any one of them to open, the folders are blank, meaning when the folder opens there is a empty page with the words "no items match your search". The picture window is looking for a Icon (*.ico) file, but again, all folders are showing as empty. I know there must be files in there and I would eventually take pictures of our fixtures and drop them in the appropriate folder to make the profile more complete. First I need to understand why I'm not seeing anything in the folders and secondly how to change the fixture picture.
--
2. in the initial profile setting page where you can pick your picture, it has fields labeled "RDM settings", "Lamp", "Beam Angle" and "Pan, Tilt". In the RDM Settings there are two fields labeled ID to the right of "Manufaturer" and "Fixture". What is supposed to be put in those fields? Under "Lamp" what does the field "Ref" asking for?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Scan Library Setting for creating new fixture profiles

Post by simonB »

These images can be found in the ScanLibrary/icon/fixtures folder

The RDM and lamp settings are just for reference, they won't affect the operation of the fixture
Simon
--
Sales/Support