Multi segment bar profile question

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

Re: Multi segment bar profile question

Post by blaide »

I'm trying to get the matrix effect going with the bar. even though I have only one bar, I made a page with 10 bars and figure once I get the matrix working, I should be able to see movement on the one bar which will let me know I have the matrix working. So... I went to the fixture page and moved 10 bars (in 6 channel mode - 2 sections of RGB (eight tri bulbs per section)) and stacked them one on top of the other. Then I created a group by selecting all of them and labeling the group "All", Then according to the video tutorials, I created a new scene and in the fixtures window I see my ten bars all stacked the way I grouped them. Now here is the problem, the video says to select the Group rect tab and then click on add a new rect. On my screen the group rect button is greyed out so I can't access the add rect as it too is greyed out. Hopefully you can give me some help as I think I'm one or clicks away from finally succeeding in making my first matrix after an entire day of struggling with this LED bar and Sunlite Suite2.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Just had a thought that since Matrix effect is part of Easytime, that I need to place the Easytime icon on the channel faders in the channel window. I couldn't do it though because the Easytime button is greyed out also. All the other button like easy step, dimmer, etc. are not greyed our and I can access them, but Easy Time is greyed out and can not be accessed. I'm missing something here but not sure yet what it is.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Just set up Sunlite Suite2 and FC up on my MSI laptop and created the same profile for the Bar light (6 channel mode) and went to the fixture window, clicked on the position wizard, when that window opened, I selected all fixtures, then clicked on the matrix icon, and in the Matrix pop up window I selected Rowsd - 5 and Columns - 2 and clicked ok. As the ten fixtures are ib 6 channel mode, they show up as 2 RGB segments in the fixtures window, so the Matrix options stacked them into and rectangular shape. I closed that window and the images of the lights in the fixture window moved themselves to take the same rectangular shape as I saw in the Matrix window. Now, according to the tutorial video, I now create a new scene and click on the group rects and create a new rect, but same problem as before, the group rect tab and add new rect button are greyed out. What am I doing wrong?!!