Rect Question

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

Rect Question

Post by blaide »

This is an issue I'm having related to another post about my LED Bar, but thought I should start a new thread since the topic may be useful to others. I'm trying to create a rect from a group of 10 LED bars, but when I create a scene and goto the group rects tab to create the rect, it is greyed out. I have 10 bars that I stacked on top of each other in Sunlite Suite 2 to form a rectangular shape to be used with the Matrix Effects in Easytime. When I create the new scene (according to the video tutorial) to create the group rect, the tab is greyed out, also the Easytime icon is also greyed out on the Cahnnel mixer window. What would cause that?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Rect Question

Post by simonB »

Make sure you're not in basic positioning mode. Rects are used with EasyTime.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

I grouped my fixtures ( I guess in basic positioning mode) but then as the video tutorial suggested, I created a new scene and went right to the channel window to drag the Easytime tool onto the fADERS but the tool was greyed out as well. The easy step, dimmers and on off buttons I could access. Only the Easytime button was greyed out which is unfortunate as it's the one I need. Can I maybe email you the show file I'm working on to see if maybe you can figure out why I'm having a problem? I't's probably something easy or obvious, but I'm not familiar with rects and matrix effects yet and everything I've learned, tried and read has not helped me so far.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

You have Basic View enabled. Click the basic view button on the ribbon bar to switch it off.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

Thanks, that was the problem Simple fix but caused me hours of frustration because I didn't know. Is that mentioned in the manual or video tutorials?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Yes this can be found in the quick start topic here:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/online_manual ... Js2LoL.htm
Simon
--
Sales/Support
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Post by blaide »

I did watch and read those tutorials before. They didn't give any indication though that the easytime is disabled in basic mode. Then again there is so much this software does and so many adjustments I guess the manual would be bigger and more confusing if every scenario was explained, so thanks again for the help.