Init scene does not work in Cycles

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

blaide
Experienced Forumor

Init scene does not work in Cycles

Post by blaide »

I am programming several cycles to demo our lights one by one. I am able to make the cycle, but at the end of the cycle, I add the Init scene in order to turn all functions of the light off (beam,\movement, etc.) before the cycle for the net light begins. Upon playback, everything works as it should except for when it gets up to the Init scene. Nothing happens, the light doesn't turn off. Instead, the cycle keeps repeating, and I checked, I do have the loop function set to off. I followed the tutaoril on cycles and can't understand why theb Init scene is not working.
blaide
Experienced Forumor

Re: Init scene does not work in Cycles

Post by blaide »

After almost an hour of trying over and over again, I realized you have to quickly double click the Init switch to get it to turn everything off. It now works, but there is another question which arose. I grabbed the Init switch and moved it closer to the beginning to turn the light off sooner and as soon as I did that, the Init switch wouldn't work in the cycle again. The init switch actually has 2 switched side by side since I had to double click it to get it to work properly. I moved both and tried to keep the original proportions, but it no longer worked. I had to delete the Init switch and double click it while Play/record was running at the spot I wanted.That seems kind of counter productive. Shouldn't I be able to put a Switch or scene anywhere on the cycle and then later adjust and move the scenes and switched around to adjust them? Even switches did not work if I moved them. I would have to erase and re-record on the spot I wanted them an then not touch them. Almost like being a singer going ninto the recording studio and having to sing the whole song perfectly because you can't e3dit or do overdubs. If you make a mistake, you have to start all over again. Unless I'm missing something in the controls. Can you confirm or correct my findings please?