Folow Spot Tutorial

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

neofaust

Folow Spot Tutorial

Post by neofaust »

Hello,

new sunlite 2 user here, I have been going thru all the video tutorials over and over, but I have not seen anything on how to work the "follow spot" feature.

after playing around with the feature, I find I can only move around the fixture I set as the master( that is when I apply the "M" box to all the movement channels.). the slaves seem to not move at all...

is there an alternative way I can achieve a follow spot without this feature?

I have done different positions within the step editor and setup each points as a pause within a cycle button. now this works with me moving each light individually and saving each state within the step, but is there a way I can move all the lights relative to there position with a X Y grid? usually when I select all the fixtures at once and move them around with the preset XY, they all follow the grid as if I selected each one individually and do not maintain the position I set them to individually.

if I can get more clarification on the follow spot feature, this could save me a lot of time. especially since I'm using sunlite 2 for a theatrical production next weekend(10/4-7/13).

Thanks.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Folow Spot Tutorial

Post by simonB »

The followspot is currently a new beta feature. We'll have some documentation for it soon.

Basically, you need to
-create a switch
-open the light beam
-drag the M to the master and the S to the slave (the fixtures you want to follow the master)
-click record
-position the master
-position the slave so it's in the same place as the master
-click the '+' to create a new point
-do the same
-make sure you have at least 4 points
-close and save the button
-click the followspot button
-click another movement button, if the master fixture is in the followspot area, the slave fixtures will follow
Simon
--
Sales/Support
neofaust

Post by neofaust »

AHh thx for the info... works like a CHARM!
teggers
Junior Forumor

Post by teggers »

LOVE the follow spot feature!
The more points, the better!