Help: Problem with Same Palets in different Folders

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Help: Problem with Same Palets in different Folders

Post by Tschosef »

Hello,

i am a user of sunlite Suite since several Years.
Beginning 2014 a Update was released, but i dont use it, because i had some trouble with the 3D View Window

in Winter 2014/2015 i changed to the aktual version, and fixed the problem in 3D View (ad new devices).

Last wekend, we had a gig, but i had trouble with the Palet... i opend the Palet Editor and changed the positions of some Movinglights. but when i select the Scene, using the Palet, the spots still point to the wrong places.
i was not able to fix the problem at the gig.

Today i tried again to fix it and i found a surprice.... i have more *plt Files with the same Name in different folders... seems, the Palet Editor is using other files than the Scene (editor).

If i use Search Funktion of explorer i foud:
(one example) , i found the Spot_Gitarrist.plt File:
F:\SunliteSuite2\_DataLight\Extra_Die_Band_Show_07_01_2013\Spot_Gitarrist.plt
Date of last change today (23.01.2015)

and i found also the file in a other Folder:
F:\SunliteSuite2\Multimedia\_DataLight\Extra_Die_Band_Show\Spot_Gitarrist.pld
Date of last Change 03.03.2014 (last Year, last Gig)

it seems, the Palet Editor is using files in F:\SunliteSuite2\_DataLight\Extra_Die_Band_Show_07_01_2013\
And Scenes of SunliteSite are using the files in F:\SunliteSuite2\Multimedia\_DataLight\Extra_Die_Band_Show\

How could i fix the problem?

Software Version is Sept 23 2014
Show whas created some years before :-)

best regards
erich
Tschosef
Experienced Forumor

Re: Help: Problem with Same Palets in different Folders

Post by Tschosef »

Hello....

wow.. no reply :-(

i realy try to find the problem,
first, i deleted the Palete files in the Multimedia folder.. okay. .now the Software seems to use the correct palette files.
but it still dont work...

now i found something:
i read the Manual (German Version)... this Part (Palette) is still in english... no Translation in German is avaliable.. okay... so i read the english manual...

here in Find some Infos...
1) i reade, there are 2 types existing.... Standard Palette and Generic Palette.... Standard Palette should use DMX Values, Generik is using % Values
2) i am using Standard palett but in the Display of the Fixtures in the Palette Editor i see X and Y Values in Degrees (not DMX Values!!??)
3) Seems, the palette Values (in the Palette Editor!) are ignoring the Minimum Maximum Values in General Settings of Fixtures... because, if i set minimu = 0 and Maximum = 255 then the BeamPosition of the Palette window will work in the Switches. But if i use for example Maximum Y msb = 171 ... thenn all y Positions of Palette are in result to high!
IN Palette Editor, the Beam is correct, in Usage in a Switch the Beam is too high...

So i think this is the problem! isn't it ?

best regards
Erich
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Help: Problem with Same Palets in different Folders

Post by simonB »

Hi Erich

Please save your .shw file and drop me an e-mail (with a link to this post).
Also, zip up the datalight folder you found in the multimedia folder and send this.
Simon
--
Sales/Support