midicon wheel pan/tilt midi config

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

tojinzgz
New Forumor

midicon wheel pan/tilt midi config

Post by tojinzgz »

anyone know how to set the pan /tilt control with midicon wheels on ss2?
tutorial?
it would be best!!
the midi setup is very difficult
thanks
Threadrag
Junior Forumor

Re: midicon wheel pan/tilt midi config

Post by Threadrag »

I've a solution for you! But it's necessary that no scene or switch has a dimmer and a pan/tilt value at the same time. So seperate pan/tilt movements from your dimmer switches.

1. Go to moving head's page settings -> fixture patch -> activate dimmer for pan/tilt channels
2. Create a switch called "manual tilt" -> drag n drop the dimmer icon to tilt channels -> move fader to 100%
3. Create a switch called "manual pan" -> drag n drop the dimmer icon to pan channels -> move fader to 100%
4. go to console window -> right click on a wheel -> create new switch dimmer function -> choose manual tilt
5. do it again with another wheel and manual pan

But I prefere a fader to do that job. The fader can be set to a range. the wheel goes to end of dmx range and beyond. Have a look at my show I have done for you. Be sure that fader 1 and master fader is full on as they are used as dimmer. Fader 7/8 is for pan/tilt. Activate that function by clicking on MANU at the virtual midicon. And of course open your 3D visualizer ;)
tojinzgz
New Forumor

Re: midicon wheel pan/tilt midi config

Post by tojinzgz »

thanks!!!!
i try now