Sunlite 2 FC + ArtNet

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

eebee

Sunlite 2 FC + ArtNet

Post by eebee »

Hi everybody!

I'm trying to set up my Sunlite 2 FC interface to work with all 3 channels as outputs and one
extra ArtNet output. If I use auto detect in the output settings, the interface responds to my
commands, but when I uncheck the "auto detection"-box and add my ArtNet interface to the USB FC,
I get an error message saying: "Interface found but not set up in the DMX patch". See printscreen.

I think my ArtNet-device is working, all units (PC, Router and ArtNet-dongle) is set to use the
192.168.1.x range of IP's. I can ping them all so that's probably good for now.

But what about this error message? I get no reaction of my commands on the fixtures.
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Sunlite 2 FC + ArtNet

Post by nick »

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

There are 2 different Suite2-FC versions. Has your Suite2-FC got an Ethernet port on it? If it does, you need to select 'USB/Ethernet Suite2 FC' when adding interfaces manually. If not, then the USB version is correct. You need to add all devices manually when adding an Artnet device as this cannot be detected automatically.

Please see attached image for correct configuration with an Ethernet version of the Suite2-FC.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
artnet.png
artnet.png (83.19 KiB) Viewed 6389 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support
eebee

Post by eebee »

Hi!

It is the ethernet-version. Now, I think it's a matter of finding the right settings on my artnet interface. It's a Smartshow NetDMX. Can you please help me to combine correct settings in Sunlite and on my NetDMX. See attached image. I'm able to ping it, so the IP-settings should be just fine.

/ Emil
Attachments
artnet.png
artnet.png (54.08 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
nick
Maxi Forumor

Post by nick »

Hi Emil,

That looks like a great, low cost Artnet device.

Please find attached a generic setup guide to connecting an Artnet device (links at bottom of post).
1. Artnet - Generic Device.pdf
2. Artnet Setup.docx

Here is a setup video in Sunlite Suite 2.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uj21wqppist99 ... t.mp4?dl=0

Something to check is that Sunlite Suite 2 is using the correct network port to send Artnet. Around 47 seconds into the above video (link above) a window appears titled 'Select the network interface card'. You may have several network cards in your computer, such as the RJ45 network port, wifi adapter and possibly virtual adapters created by software. It is important you select the correct one. If you do not see this window it could be because in the past you have selected "Do not ask this question again ...".

If you have checked this box, there is a way to undo this option so that the window appears again. Using Regedit.exe you can delete the entry in the Windows Registry Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARESunliteSuite2/Suite2/DasHard/ARTNET_CARD This setting is used by all installations of Sunlite Suite 2. Our developer is going to add an option so that this option can be undone in future software.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
registry delete artnet setting.png
registry delete artnet setting.png (54.78 KiB) Viewed 6378 times
Artnet Setup.docx
(188.36 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
Artnet - Generic Device.pdf
(83.55 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support