Assorted crashes from this month

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Kiike
New Forumor

Assorted crashes from this month

Post by Kiike »

Attached you'll find various crashdumps of this last month.

They occurred unpredictably during normal operation of the shows I am running, be it after programming, after starting the tap tempo feature, etc.

The one of today (8ed60aae-eec0-4ce7-83dd-a3e1a3d8f311), happened after changing the positions of some of the moving heads (10 Extra in page ZH LED Wash).

I hope the program becomes less crashy, although I honestly don't expect that, given that apparently you'll now focus on Sunlite3. Crashes and hangs are the bread and butter of Sunlite 2, and at least they could provide info or workarounds for them.
Attachments
crashdumps.zip
(757.47 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Assorted crashes from this month

Post by nick »

Hi Kiike,

Thank you for the crash dumps. Unfortunately they're not very useful in tracking down bugs.

1) Please make sure you're using the latest version of Sunlite Suite 2 beta.
https://storage.googleapis.com/nicolaud ... e2Beta.exe

2) Can you replicate the crash? If you can, we would like to try replicating it so that we can fix it. The easiest way to do this is to provide A) a copy of the showfile (.shw) and B) a screen recorded video of the time immediately before the crash. You can use a free service such as Tinytake.com to do this. This way we will easily be able to replicate the crash you have seen. Bug fixes will then be rolled out in the next beta.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
Kiike
New Forumor

Re: Assorted crashes from this month

Post by Kiike »

Hi nick,

Unfortunately as I said in the post the crashes happened randomly during the operation of a show, so they are not reproduceable at all. I was hoping switching from the june official release to the beta release would solve random crashes, but that wasn't helpful. I got, for instance, program freezes when switching to the desktop and back to the program, crashes with dumps when setting up the tap tempo feature on program start, after tweaking some X'Y values on certain pages, etc. I don't remember what I was doing during the crashes except for the last one, which I described to the best of my knowledge on my original post.

If any crash happens again, I will attach it here with the show file and the dump.