Total Begginner

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Barney

Total Begginner

Post by Barney »

Hi

Apologies if this is incorrect use of the forum

I am a complete begginner with DMX/Artnet but I have already tried to read quite widley on the subject

I have a large Barn ( 5 Metres by 7 meteres, double height and open to the eaves of the roof) that I am in the process of fitting out with various lights and a decent sound system for personal and party use.

Up until now I have had a few lights that run on program , sound to light mode. However, bitten by the bug, the collection has now grown to the point where I have to control the fittings. Some of them are pixel mappable (ADJ Revo 4's) , at some point I will put addressable tape in as well.

I already have a 3 m truss circle on the wall with a projection screen in the middle and moving heads round the outside diameter (yes I know, very Pink Floyd)

Essentially I am looking to either run a 30-60 song playlist play list with a timeline, programmed show, linked to a video projectlion (and yes I know it is complicated!) or switch over to use less of the lights more dumbed down on prgram mode on sound to light for the rest of the time.

My research seems to point me very firmly in the direction of Nicolaudie sunlite 2 FC Plus. If I did switch a few of the fittings to 256 channel i would be quickly approaching 4 universes without adding any tape, so Artnet looms

I wanted to speak with someone to check that sunlite 2 will do what i think it will do, given a lot of programming!

HOWEVER

Being a complete newbie, even the basics are a mystery, such as cabling from PC to FC to fittings. I have looked at all the vidoes on line, instruction manuals and all seem to be avoiding the subject, even implying that Artnet is star wired.

So I wanted to also check the wiring requirement as well ( I will wire the barn as a loom. So the fittings will come down when not in use, leacing cabling/trusses up in place)

So finally my question!!!!!!!

can I use the forum for this or would you prefer me to speak to sales? ( as I have not yet taken the plunge to buy the controller, until I am reasonably assured it will do an approximation of what I am looking to do)

I hope that makes sense

Thanks

Ian
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: Total Begginner

Post by nick »

Hi Ian,

> can I use the forum for this or would you prefer me to speak to sales?

The forum is a good place to talk about your project. Others, with experience of wiring up similar setups, may wish to chip in and you could benefit from that. If you need answers to specific questions about our controllers more quickly, then I recommend creating a ticket using our contact form ...
https://store.nicolaudie.com/

> My research seems to point me very firmly in the direction of Nicolaudie sunlite 2 FC Plus

This is a reasonable choice because it brings with it "unlimited" artnet universes and Easy Show for video. However, one key thing to consider is that the Suite2-FC+ is not compatible with Sunlite Suite 3 and, unfortunately, it never will be. While Suite 2 is still our production software, it will only receive bug fixes going forward.

You can find out about the new Sunlite-EC, which has only just begun sales, here :
https://www.sunlitepro.com/hardware.htm
The Sunlite-EC is a lower cost interface €629 vs €1299 euros, however, it does not come with any Artnet universes. You can add Artnet universes for $99 (US dollars) each via our http://www.dmxsoft.com website. These addons can be purchased once you have the Sunlite-EC and have registered online. Upgrades are synced to the device via our software.

> even the basics are a mystery, such as cabling from PC to FC to fittings.
Please see attached PDF for a basic diagram of wiring.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Attachments
Artnet - Generic Device.pdf
(83.55 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Nicolaudie Tech Support