Strobe not responding to Suite2-BC

SUITE2-BC SUITE2-EC SLESA-U8

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, dylan, Ben

OTM
New Forumor

Strobe not responding to Suite2-BC

Post by OTM »

Hi,

All my lamps (Martin Mac, scanners, Showtec 4-bars and so on) are responding to sunlite 2 with the BC controller.
However, my strobe does nothing (Geni Golden Strobe MK2)! Channels and strobe are working correctly, I have tested my strobe on multiple lighting tables and they all work fine, however sunlite does nothing...

Can it be some hardware-settings? I tried changing some of the timing setting but no luck....

Please help, it's getting quite irritating by now...

Regards, Bart
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Strobe not responding to Suite2-BC

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Bart,

strange indeed.
Can you try to trigger your "Geni Golden Strobe MK2" with the Tools.exe ?
This way we can rule out that it´s a problem with Suite 2 software.
Which version of Suite 2 software are you using and what firmware is on your DMX interface.

Please post your Suite 2 related topics in the Suite 2 forum next time, this one is for S.T.I.C.K.

Best,

Gernot
OTM
New Forumor

Post by OTM »

Sorry for wrong placement, overlooked it...

I'm running firmware 1.07 on SIUDI8C and tried triggering it from hardwaretools-test, but no luck.
Furthermore the strobe is working on other lightdesks, tried it on multiple DMX adresses but no difference.

mu DMX timing is set to "default values"

Only thing I don't understand is that on the tab "parameters" the checkbox "Invert DMX1/DMX2" is checked...
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Bart,

this could to be a DMX refresh problem, the Geni Strobe seems a bit picky about refresh rates.
I found some other postings where people had problems with this Geni Strobo and other DMX controllers.

Did you test all timing settings for the BC interface ?

Best,

Gernot
OTM
New Forumor

Post by OTM »

RichterMC wrote:Hi Bart,

this could to be a DMX refresh problem, the Geni Strobe seems a bit picky about refresh rates.
I found some other postings where people had problems with this Geni Strobo and other DMX controllers.

Did you test all timing settings for the BC interface ?

Best,

Gernot
Hi Gernot,

I tried quite some timing settings, all is a little much, there are millions of possibloe options.
I furthermore tried another strobe (exact same model) and guess what? SAME PROBLEM. Sunlite just seems to have a problem with this strobe while other lightdesks work fine...

The default timing settign are:
* Mark before Break = 1.00 ms
* Break = 180.00 us
* Mark after Break = 20.00 us
* Mark between slots = 4.00 us
* Frequency ~38.0 Hz

Any idea how to change this to get it working?

@ Nicolaudie: Please HELP, the Geni Strobe is used quite a lot worldwide so in my eyes it should be supported...

Regards, Bart
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

All devices which fully adhere to the DMX protocol work fine with our software and hardware. If there have been posts on other forums regarding problems with this fixture then you need to contact the strobe manufacturer.
Simon
--
Sales/Support