Trouble controlling STICK-DE3 with ESA PRO over Ethernet

Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

gork

Trouble controlling STICK-DE3 with ESA PRO over Ethernet

Post by gork »

Hello,

I am running ESA PRO (April 26, 2013) with a STICK-DE3 (Firmware 1.00) on Windows 7 x64. PC patches, etc. are up to date.

When I start ESA PRO the STICK-DE3 is discovered on the network, but if I choose "Click here to work with a local ETHERNET-DMX interface" and select my controller after clicking OK, the main window never appears. SIArc.exe consumes approximately 8% CPU constantly and has to be killed by task manager in order to re-launch. I can successfully discover and control the STICK-DE3 via the iOS app perfectly. I also have installed Daslight Virtual Controller 3 on the same PC and it works flawlessly with the STICK-DE3 (recognized as DPAD GOLD). So it appears to be purely a software issue and not a network or PC issue.

When I start ESA PRO with the STICK-DE3 connected via USB, I never get the initial window to appear. Again, SIArc.exe consumes approximately 8% CPU constantly and has to be killed by task manager to re-launch. I have been able to upgrade the STICK-DE3 firmware just fine via USB so I am sure the drivers are working correctly.

I can run ESA PRO in DEMO mode and write the show to the SD card with my computer. This works 100% fine (except I cannot seem to get the scene pictures to display on the STICK-DE3?)

ESA and ESA2 both exhibit similar behavior to ESA PRO.

Anybody have any ideas?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Trouble controlling STICK-DE3 with ESA PRO over Ethernet

Post by simonB »

Hi

This is strange, try the beta to see if you still have the same problem:
http://www.nicolaudie.com/downloads/fil ... robeta.exe

Also check the IP address settings on the STICK (it could be an invalid setting which ESA/ESAPro doesn't agree with). You can check the IP address settings by holding the on/off button for 3 seconds and scrolling down to ethernet.
Simon
--
Sales/Support