Issues with memory cards on STICK-DE3

Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

LampTramp

Issues with memory cards on STICK-DE3

Post by LampTramp »

I'm working on an installation of a new STICK-DE3 and I'm having problems with memory cards in the unit. Firmware is 1.04 Release D 2015-01-15 and I'm using ESA Pro Beta to program it.

I created a simple program and downloaded it to the unit. I did this a few times (about 10 times) via the network link, as I learned the ins and outs of how the unit works. Then it gave an error while writing and since then the unit either stops the memory write process with an error or seems to download fine but then the STICK states 'Empty Sd Card' after ESA Pro is unlinked from the unit. I tried putting a different memory card into the unit and that shows the same kinds of errors.

But now when I put either card into the supplied SD card converter (and an alternative one) they are not recognised by the computer, so I can't reformat them. Any ideas as to what is going on here? And how I can revive the memory cards?
Ben
Super Forumor

Re: Issues with memory cards on STICK-DE3

Post by Ben »

Hi LampTramp,

Apologies for late reply, I believe my colleague Simon has already helped you with your STICK DE3.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Kind regards
Benno
--
Product Support
futureit

Post by futureit »

Hello

I am having the same issue - are you able to please assist me to resolve also?
Ben
Super Forumor

Post by Ben »

Hi there,

If your computer cannot format the SD card are you able to try and format it on another computer? Also make sure the 'read only' switch is not accidentally set on on your SD card.
Benno
--
Product Support
jansynnersten

Post by jansynnersten »

Hi

When I use FirmWare 1.04 on my DE3 it can read the SD card perfectly.

If I upgrade to 1.09 the DE3 cannot read or write on the SD card.

If I then go back to 1.04 it works again:)

I have tested this many times both on the beta and now on the 2016 ESA PRO package.

Nothing helps... reformatting, write empty show... nothing... The DE3 can just not read the SD card.

You must know about this? What can I do?