DE3 - ESA PRO clock syncing issue

Sunlite Touch Sensitive Intelligent Control Keypad

Moderators: simonB, nick, florent, Ben

tomkat

DE3 - ESA PRO clock syncing issue

Post by tomkat »

Hi,
I have been having an issue with calendar triggering on the DE3.

I have a scene (always looping) set to turn on at 5pm and then another scene (always looping) set to turn lights to black at 7am.
The firmware is up to date and the time is synced in hardware manager.
The triggering works in live mode but my issue is in standalone mode the first trigger worked to turn on the lights at 5pm but did not go to black at 7am.
The controller was left to run for a few more days and just kept the lights on the whole time saying that it was playing the "lights on" scene even during the time where it was supposed to be playing the "lights off black" scene.
I tried several times to reconfigure the time in hardware manager and re-save the scenes and run in standalone mode but it has never worked properly.
I checked the rechargeable 2032 battery and it tested dead so I recharged it to full and replaced it. I re synced the time and date again and it still did not solve my time triggering issue.
I was wondering:
1. Has anyone else has had issues with calendar time triggers not working consistently and or time wavering from original synced time?
2. Since the rechargeable 2032 battery arrived dead in my DE3, does that mean I was supposed to take it out and charge it before using the controller or does the DE3 charge the battery itself since this info is no clarified in the user manual.
3. Is there any way to check the charge state of the 2032 in the software?

Some notes:
I have several DE3 controllers I have tried my program on and they all produce the same unpredictable results.
All my DE3 controllers arrived with dead 2032 cells. (which is why I assume the controller is supposed to charge them)
nick
Maxi Forumor

Re: DE3 - ESA PRO clock syncing issue

Post by nick »

Hi Tom,

I am very sorry to hear about this issue. The time trigger issue isn't something I have heard of.

In this situation, I recommend starting a support ticket and including ...
https://store.nicolaudie.com/signin

- a copy of your showfile (.dlm or .arc)
- which software and version date you're using
- which firmware version and date you're using
- any device settings you have changed from the default factory settings

If you have just purchased a device that has a flat battery, it's important to contact us right away as it may be covered under warranty. It's important not to replace an LR2032 with the commonly available CR2032 as these are non-rechargeable and can damage the PCB if they leak.

Kind Regards,

Nick.
Nicolaudie Tech Support
kurt
New Forumor

Re: DE3 - ESA PRO clock syncing issue

Post by kurt »

Have you gotten a resolution on this issue?
I'm having a similar problem. See the link below to my forum post:

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=44788