Cycles - Not able to add media to tracks

New features and a new user interface.

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

stephenrolah
New Forumor

Cycles - Not able to add media to tracks

Post by stephenrolah »

NEW - Unable to drag & drop or find any way to add a .mp4 video or .mp3 audio file to a track. This worked no problem in SS2. I get the crossed circle ... as in "no can do".

These are the issues I've submitted to date:

1. STL - Audio In/out - Sound Card Detection? - Audio BPM - Audio Analysis Pulse Frequency Band - functionality is currently not currently working? I get none of this functionality

https://youtu.be/gzl4oeVf5yE

2. SS3 Beta Cycles Zooming Errors - "Encountered an improper argument"

https://youtu.be/BqmyPIbSaGg

3. Cycles - Not able to add media to tracks

I would like to mention that while yes, I do choose participate in this beta because I really do enjoy it and for me, there's a bit of energy behind it. So far, I have submitted 3 issues and asked several questions. I'm not sure what others are doing, but it's not on Facebook either. However, with Nicolaudie support, I have to be honest, it's like oh, okay, whenever we get around to it. I certainly don't know the internal dynamics and where Sunlite fits in terms of priorities, and I don't think I'm alone in this regard, but I for one at least would like to see responses to our questions and posts to help others and especially any contribution to the beta, thus helping you improve your and your final product.

I would like to see a lot more energy coming from the Nicolaudie support side. At minimum, please at least acknowledge receipt and your understanding of our our emails, and posts, etc. The worst feeling is when you've put a lot of time into something because your care and get no acknowledgement at all. Speaking just for myself, SS3 on the way is a great and exciting thing, but from what I've seen so far, come January 1, if I don't start to feel fireworks about SS2-3, I will definitely be in the market for a new PC console solution.

However, in the meantime, I'm putting in the effort. I just want to know that I'm not wasting my time; that it's not going into a vacuum. I know, LDI just happened, you were all pre-occupied with that and other things. This is not my job, to sit here in the middle of the day and do write-ups and youtube videos for a beta product. I actually have a real day job. This is for growing a side business. At least try to be more active with us. Drip drip drip isn't going to cut it anymore.

I'm going to say it. Elation/ADJ, with same products, they are "much" more active with their user and beta communities, and they provide back. Just saying it, I'm all out of sugar today I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Stephen
stephenrolah
New Forumor

Re: Cycles - Not able to add media to tracks

Post by stephenrolah »

Okay, this is strange. I went back to SS2 and opened my current SS3 file (knowing there would be compatibility issues, I wanted to see how I got that .mp4 file loaded on to one of the Cycles tracks. So, it opened, all of the pages were unchecked so weren't visible, but I just closed out, no changes. I then opened that same file with SS3 beta, and now for the first time, it is aware of my sound card, BPM is working, STL is working. Strange. I bet now that it has media drivers loaded, maybe it will allow me to drag and drop or otherwise add media to tracks in Cycles. I will let you all know shortly.
stephenrolah
New Forumor

Post by stephenrolah »

It only worked that one time. Back to no Audio/BPM detection. Thoughts?
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hi, i got same issues. My Windows 10 mixer section show the current show im working on, and same time it show vlc player with volume fader. But not get sound out from a Track that i wanna put on the timeline, only one time it send the audio to my speakers and Crash. im trying about one week now.