S3 - Virtual Dimmer & Improvement needed

New features and a new user interface.

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, Ben

EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

S3 - Virtual Dimmer & Improvement needed

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqF7jej4_ho

1. S3 is so reliant on ScanLib being correct, for instance my laser is programmed in my palette and i want to quickly see what its doing. Because of the channels and being 1 Light Beam, it just shows as a White Circle in the fixture DMX Level Viewer.
When shown in Parameter view, i know its Uni 8. But why do i need to search for the information.
Hovering mouse over fixture shows no information
Page text label only - no Universe information (Don't need DMX) as its a quick look
No way to change view from the Visual DOT to actual DMX Levels on channels within its own DMX Levels page

1.2 Its the same as Patching a Fixture - Fixture might have 20 modes! We choose 1, and all the text labels are just model of fixture - not mode - nowhere does it say or add the Mode you programmed. Patch view doesn't even give you a Channel Count, so you have to count the faded DMX Channels to work it out, whilst checking the manual!

2. LED - Virtual Dimmer - LEDs @ 40% brightness are just BLACK! Need a feature to ignore the Dimmer level to compensate for this.

3. In Demo Mode - The software pauses for X seconds, every X minutes. Can you apply this same concept as a AUTO SAVE Feature!!!!!
EVOLVEINSTALL
Experienced Forumor

Re: S3 - Virtual Dimmer & Improvement needed

Post by EVOLVEINSTALL »

<t>Update..<br/>
<br/>
1. On the DMX Levels Layout - on the top right where we find settings. You will see some light gray theatre Curtains (Which it looks like) Press than a boom, DMX Level View for that page.</t>