Abstract XP PRO 1 assistance please

The lighting control software designed for easy basic applications.

Moderators: simonB, RichterMC, florent, dylan

alite events

Abstract XP PRO 1 assistance please

Post by alite events »

Hi Guys I have been trying for ages now to add the Abstract XP PRO 1 Led columns to my led floor matrix.
The lights are here http://www.abstractavr.com/products/xp1.php

I am assuming that as they are LED panels I choose the "Abstract" from the scan library and then choose panel. Or is this where i am going wrong.

i cannot even get one of the led colums working on its own with the ESA software and dongle

Again I assume the address for this light would start at 1 if it was being run on its own and uses 16 addresses in total as it has four separate colour panels in each colum.

Any help in understanding where i am going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

eventually i would like to add 4 colums to my LED dancefloor which is a 7 x 7 matrix of Abstract panels, so i assume the first colum after my 49 floor tiles would start at the very next address and then the second colum would be the 17th address after my last floor tile dimmer channel.

Thanks very much in anticipation, i have been trying this for some time now unsuccessfully :(
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

You must use 4 panels with RGB and dimmer, total of 16 channels.
alite events

Post by alite events »

many thanks for the reply bruno,
are you saying that i use 4 panels RGB for each one of the xp colums i use, so 16 channels for 1 colum and 32 channels for 2 colums and so on.

And do i choose the abstract "panel " from the list when setting up my additional lights
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

4 panels for 1 column
alite events

Post by alite events »

many thanks for the info guys, it seems my problem was hardware related, i was using lights with a "hot " dmx pin opposite to the easy standalone dongle.
have fitted a crosover lead to the first unit and all is ok now.