Duplicate a fixture

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Duplicate a fixture

Post by mattharris19 »

I have a show with 4 par cans on a single channel. I want to split them into two separate channels without re-programming. Is there a way to duplicate a fixture and patch it to another channel while maintaining all the programming?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Duplicate a fixture

Post by simonB »

This is not possible. The quickest way to do this is to patch a new par, edit each scene and in the fixture window inside the button editor, drag a par and drop it on top of the new par, this will automatically copy all easytime data, any data on a single easystep step or any channel dimmer data.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

Thats a nice feature. I was wondering, If I had 8 intelligent lights programmed, and I wanted to add another pair, Could I do the same thing. Would easy time movements like circles that are phased be copied properly? Thanks
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

OK I just tried this. I see the + sign come up when I drop but nothing in the dimmer channel or anything else was coppied over.
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

Ok I got it. It has to be the exact fixture. IE if you have par 36 pinspots on a dimmer they wont copy to par 56 dimmer values. Is this feature in the manual? It should be, nice touch.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Actually I might have missed this, I'll have to add it. We have a lot of other ideas to expand this idea in future, eg making a selection and dragging and dropping etc...but we have a lot of other things to finish first
Simon
--
Sales/Support