Midi Assignment

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Guillaume

Midi Assignment

Post by Guillaume »

Hi,

I've set all my controller buttons of my Tascam US2400 Midi Controller in the software, but I would like them to be assigned each fader channel to a DMX Channel, and not a button on my master-pannel.

How do I have to do?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Midi Assignment

Post by simonB »

This is not currently possible. The only way to do this is as follows:
-Make an empty switch
-assign the min/max property to each channel you would like to control with the fader
-set the max to 255, leave the min at 0
-close and save the button
-shift+right click the button and select 'Link to console->button dimmer function'
-repeat the above steps for each channel or group of fixtres/channels you want to control
-you might want to set the 'this switch is always on' property in the button settings
-you can hide buttons in the page layout

This might seem a pain but if you're controlling all your gobo channels with fader 1, all your dimmer channels with fader 2 etc...you only have to create about 15 switches which is quicker than pairing each console fader with every single gobo, dimmer shutter channel of every fixture etc...However we're going to add this functionality fairly soon
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Guillaume

Re: Midi Assignment

Post by Guillaume »

Ok, thanks a lot !!! :D
BUT I've 192 Channels to assign... I think I'll use Sunlite for dances and preprogrammed lightshows, and with a DMX merger use a simple DMX tool Like Enttec.
I'll use one of the pre-progtrammed MIDI controller to controll the Sunlite, It's a great tool !!! I use it mmentaly in DEMO version.
And I'm very happy