Is Sunlite for me?

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Ryan0751

Is Sunlite for me?

Post by Ryan0751 »

I've review the documentation for Sunlite 2, and I'm wondering if it's right for my setup. A little background...

1. I'm currently running with Martin LightJockey 2 (a curse word I'm sure!)
2. I run under VMWare on a Macbook Pro
3. I have numerous Chauvet LED strips (for ceiling patterns) and some moving heads, and up washes.
4. I use Lemur in an iPad as my main controller.
5. LightJockeys USB-DMX interface is plugged into an ArtNet converter, which I'm using on the network of course.

LightJockey works fine, BUT, it doesn't allow Midi CC input, and doesn't support ArtNet directly. So, I'm using a third party plug-in to fake MIDI CC to DMX input on LightJockey, and it's kind of buggy. I'm getting tired of that, as well as the fact LightJockey isn't actively being developed.

So is Sunlite right for me? I like how it supports ArtNet. How is support for easy LED array patterns? And does it have extensive MIDI setup capabilities for my Lemur app? Any issues with running in VMWare (I know most companies flat out don't support VM's, but they almost always work)?
RichterMC
Maxi Forumor

Re: Is Sunlite for me?

Post by RichterMC »

Hi Ryan0751,

Welcome to the Nicolaudie Sunlite forum.
I've review the documentation for Sunlite 2, and I'm wondering if it's right for my setup.
Have you also watched the tutorial videos on Nicolaudie TV http://www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv ?
You should try the demo version of Suite 2 software aswell. http://www.nicolaudie.com/de/download.htm.
Actually there is no dedicated demo version, just download to normal install version of Suite 2, if there´s no USB Interface connected to the computer the software
will start in demo mode.
I like how it supports ArtNet.
When you choose your Sunlite Suite 2 interface keep in mind that,

Basic Class has no Art-Net,
Economy Class has two Art-Net universes,
Frist Class has four Art-Net universes,
Frist Class + can handle up to forty Art-Net universes.
How is support for easy LED array patterns?
Please check out the demo and try it yourself, Suite 2 has powerful features for this.
And does it have extensive MIDI setup capabilities for my Lemur app? Any issues with running in VMWare
Sorry, I can´t help you here since I have no MAC and no Lemur app.
Suite 2 ist not supported on Parallels, guess the same is true for VMWARE.
Suite 2 has excellent MIDI Input abilities, just try Lemor with the Demo of Suite 2.

If you have any more questions just let us know.

Best
Gernot