SLESA U5 port configuration

*DISCONTINUED* SL1024EC - SL2048EC - SL2048FC - SLESA-U5 - SLMEV

Moderators: simonB, florent, dylan

Rance70
New Forumor

SLESA U5 port configuration

Post by Rance70 »

Hi - contact closures for the 8 ports - do they need to be momentary or latching switches? i.e. pushbuttons or switches?
regards
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: SLESA U5 port configuration

Post by bruno.falip »

pushbuttons
Rance70
New Forumor

Post by Rance70 »

Great - can I simply use 8 pushbuttons to call up 8 preset scenes or do I need a matrix switch to address 8 x 8 addresses.
Can you recommend wall plate suppliers that produce pushbutton arrays suitable for connecting to teh i/o port on teh controller?
Thanks
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

8 pushbuttons for 8 scenes or 255 addresses with an electronic device.

I cannot recommend any supplier by the way, I just know that Cooper Control in the UK manufactures this kind of panel.
Rance70
New Forumor

Post by Rance70 »

Thanks Bruno but Cooper cant help unless I use their DMX controller as well which seems unnecessary.

Can I use the Ports and the DMX input together? I have a panel that can drive 4 of the ports (as pushbuttons)to give 4 scenes and a DMX adaptor that can output 4 DMX scenes - together they will give me eight selections. (both are from Rako controls)
Thanks

I couldn't find anything in teh Easy Standalone manual that refered to the DMX input on the SLESA U5?
bruno.falip
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by bruno.falip »

DMX INPUT on the SLESA-U5 is for scene recording only, it won't help in this case.
Rance70
New Forumor

Post by Rance70 »

Thanks - so it looks like I can only use the 8 ports for scene selection. is there a specific compatible plug available for the port pin header for me to wire to please?

regards
84germain

Post by 84germain »

Hello.
I've a SL2048EC.
I'd like to use the external I/O port.

I triied as explain here : http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals/index.php?langman=en
to do contact between one port and the GND, but it didn't change the selected program. For the moment I only try with a wire to do an impulsion.

Could you confirm me that when I'm supposed to do a contact between a port and the GND, this should change the current program, so change the number displyed on my SL2048EC? Could you also explain me when I will select the port 3, will I have the program on address number 3 or on address number 2^(3-1)=4

Could you also explain me the exemple on this page in French: http://www.dmxsoft.com/manuals/index.php?langman=fr
"Par exemple si vous avez besoin de déclencher 14 scènes, vous pouvez relier 1 interrupteur et 7 poussoirs, ce qui vous donnera 2 fois 7 possibilités."

One last question, is it the same for the SIUDI-6A, with the 4 ports? Is it possible to have 15 address?

Thanks for all these information.
84germain

Post by 84germain »

Hello again.

I succeed to configure the I/O port, I needed to configure it in ESA... Sorry

Just to know if it's the same for the interface with only 4 port.

Thanks