refresh rate

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

mattharris19
Junior Forumor

refresh rate

Post by mattharris19 »

I have a some chauvet diamond strip that can't handle the buffer spread of suite 2. I realize this is a problem with the fixture, but is it possible to have there is an adjustable refresh rate in suite 2?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: refresh rate

Post by simonB »

If you are using a Suite2-BC or Suite2-EC interface, you are using the SIUDI8 board and you can change the refresh rate inside tools.exe. The output from Sunlite Suite2 will still be 25fps but this will be scaled up/down at the hardware stage
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

simonB wrote:The output from Sunlite Suite2 will still be 25fps but this will be scaled up/down at the hardware stage
will this change the refresh rate for ALL fixtures? will this have an adverse effect on the fixture that work properly?
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Yes, the dmx refresh rate out of the interface will change. The only way to know if it will affect other fixtures will be to test it. Technically you could complain to the LED fixture manufacturer as the fixtures do not adhere to the basic DMX protocol standards.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
MarkoftheWild
Experienced Forumor

Post by MarkoftheWild »

simonB wrote:Technically you could complain to the LED fixture manufacturer as the fixtures do not adhere to the basic DMX protocol standards.
Is there any way to find out which fixtures adhere to basic DMX protocol? Like a list or something?
Mark Green
Mark of the Wild
PO Box 1102
Talkeetna, Alaska
907-744-1633 (mobile)
907-562-6689 (office)
www.markofthewild.com
[email protected]
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

I don't think so, but our interfaces output at 25 hz which is a standard refresh rate which all fixtures should support
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

Can you tell me where in the tools.exe I can change the rate? Also, If I ever upgrade to the FC how would I change it? Thanks.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Currently, only our SIUDI8A and 8C interfaces support the changing of the DMX refresh rate (Suite2-BC and EC products).

You need to connect your interface and then open tools.exe. A tab will appear called "DMX Timing". It is important to note that the software timings will always be 25Hz, so if it is above 25Hz on the hardware, the extra messages will simply be repeated. (eg if the refresh rate is 50Hz, each message from the software will be transmitted twice).

Unfortunately you will need to play about with the different timings until the fixtures behave themselves and be careful because changing some values too high can have an adverse effect. The best thing to do is to just try different values until all your lights are behaving. Sometimes increasing the mark between slow can give good results on chinese LED's. this the the time between transmitting each channel.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
mattharris19
Junior Forumor

Post by mattharris19 »

Ok I have FC. Is there any hope that this feature will be added in the future? Thanks!
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Not in the near future as this is a hardware feature and as the SIUDI7 is fairly new we won't be re-designing it for some time
Simon
--
Sales/Support