Midi velocity feedback

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Mikey851
New Forumor

Midi velocity feedback

Post by Mikey851 »

Does anyone know how to setup an Akai APC controller so that when you press the button on the console it selects the switch and the button STAYS lit on the controller? I have messed with the velocity and have gotten the button to turn red and orange but I cannot figure out how to stay lit until deselected. I have a show tonight and it would be great if I could accomplish this.

Also....Simon; I am really like how the new beta looks. Between the midi clock option and if you still include the ability to have a "flash" button on a midi console I will be much closer to where I need to be. The worst part about not having the flash button is that it is forcing me to use the keyboard.....since that is the case when I switch over to my laser control software (pangolin quick show) the keyboard becomes inactive because the Sunlite window is no longer selected.

Thanks for any help! :)
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Midi velocity feedback

Post by simonB »

Does anyone know how to setup an Akai APC controller so that when you press the button on the console it selects the switch and the button STAYS lit on the controller?
I don't have one of these controllers so I'm not completely sure, but try setting the "Feedback when received control data" property under console settings->Console setup tab->midi data. This repeats MIDI data back to the controller when it receives a message and I think something like this is needed with the APC.
if you still include the ability to have a "flash" button on a midi console
we will add this when we get the chance
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Mikey851
New Forumor

Post by Mikey851 »

Alright I'll give that a try and report back.

Just wanted to say, I really love Sunlite. It is slowly becoming more user friendly and feature rich which will make it even better. My show went perfect and once you get the hang of the programming it is actually quite simple; also, the console support is good and easy to assign.
gabrielefx
Junior Forumor

Post by gabrielefx »

simonB wrote:
Does anyone know how to setup an Akai APC controller so that when you press the button on the console it selects the switch and the button STAYS lit on the controller?
I don't have one of these controllers so I'm not completely sure, but try setting the "Feedback when received control data" property under console settings->Console setup tab->midi data. This repeats MIDI data back to the controller when it receives a message and I think something like this is needed with the APC.
if you still include the ability to have a "flash" button on a midi console
we will add this when we get the chance
tried yet...doesn't work...

the led remain in off state when is pressed

on the contrary if you click the virtual apc the led will turn on.