Change fade-time for steps in a scene/switch during livemode

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

OTM
New Forumor

Change fade-time for steps in a scene/switch during livemode

Post by OTM »

Hi,

I've tried quite a lot, but can't find the correct way to change the fade time between steps in a scene/swith during live mode.
To be more specific, i like transparent programming, so i only want to program the steps in a swith (or scene), assign it to my midicon console and then assign fade-time to another wheel/fader so i can adapt the fade-time DURING live play.

(This works for dimmer, speed, phase etc, but i can't find how to do this for fading)

I'm NOT looking for a way to fade BETWEEN two scenes/swiches (that's easy) :-)

Please help...
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Change fade-time for steps in a scene/switch during live

Post by simonB »

That's not possible in live, therefore I advise that you use fading between scenes/switches and put these into cycle
Simon
--
Sales/Support
OTM
New Forumor

Post by OTM »

simonB wrote:That's not possible in live, therefore I advise that you use fading between scenes/switches and put these into cycle
So it that case it seems to be best to make a seperate switch for every step and put those in a cycle, wright?

(The idea I had originates from the "cheap" conventional consoles where you can easily change fade time using a fader, often positioned next to master and speed faders...)
It would be nice to consider this for future devellopment :-) Saves me quite some time programming
OTM
New Forumor

Post by OTM »

simonB wrote:That's not possible in live, therefore I advise that you use fading between scenes/switches and put these into cycle
OK, made 8 switches for 8 PAR's, put them in a cycle: now i can set fade as you suggested, but cannot change speed anymore... (do I miss anything?)
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

You could use the page speed dial
Simon
--
Sales/Support
OTM
New Forumor

Post by OTM »

simonB wrote:You could use the page speed dial
This doesn't work, what am I missing:

-A have a cycle in which i plotted a few switches
-Every switch sets one PAR lamp to 255 using easyfade
-I looped the cycle

This should result in a simple PAR loop:
PAR1 PAR2 PAR3 PAR4
step 1 ON OFF OFF OFF (switch1)
step 2 OFF ON OFF OFF (switch2)
step 3 OFF OFF ON OFF (switch3)
step 4 OFF OFF OFF ON (switch4)

I tried the switch "on" and "of" (so every switch is placed twice in the cycle) and tried the "modify" functions in the cycle but that doesn't result in any working speed modification. Also tried the "enabling LIVE mode and selected "speed" option in the cycle option settings per switch in the cycle.

The cycle shows a timeline in the bottom and thats the speed it's following (realtime speed) nothing happens when i change speed dial of the page, switches, or switches within the cycle.

should i choose a setting somewhere?
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

Sorry I should have made it more clear that it is not possible to change the speed of a cycle.
Simon
--
Sales/Support