Sunlite Suite 2 Ethernet Control

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

ilya00

Sunlite Suite 2 Ethernet Control

Post by ilya00 »

Hello,

Not too long ago I bought the STICK hardware controller and have been using it to great effect.
Recently, I have tried to control it through the Ethernet add-on.
The ESA and ESA PRO programs have no trouble finding and connecting to it, but Sunlite Suite 2 does not seem to see it.

When I let it connect automatically (Auto Detection) it goes straight to demo mode. If I turn off Auto Detect and set the controller type to IP I can use any option (Hardware detection order, Hardware serial number, IP address) but the program still does not see it.

I addition, I get an error message that says:
"Warning hardware detection.
Interface setup in patch hardware but not detected !
*IP interface not detected"

I am using the newest version of SS2 and Firmware (Dec 13th) and Windows 7 64bit.

Thank you.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Sunlite Suite 2 Ethernet Control

Post by simonB »

Hi

IP control is a FIRST CLASS feature of Sunlite Suite 2. To gain access to the FIRST CLASS features, you must have a STICK or first class interface connected to Sunlite Suite 2, this acts as a software "Dongle".

Because the STICK is now conencted over Ethernet and not USB, Suite 2 starts in ECONOMY CLASS mode.

Basically you are the first user to try this, we will make an update next week so that Suite 2 starts in FIRST CLASS mode if a STICK is detected on the network. I'll keep you posted.
Simon
--
Sales/Support
ilya00

Re: Sunlite Suite 2 Ethernet Control

Post by ilya00 »

Thank you for the quick reply!

For now I'll use USB, and when you guys do the update I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks again!