Assign X-Y offset of moving head to controller

Sunlite Suite 2 is a complete re-design of Suite 1. Please discus any issues here

Moderators: simonB, nick, RichterMC, florent, dylan, Ben

Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Assign X-Y offset of moving head to controller

Post by Dojec »

I have the behringer BCF2000. And I want to use one of the turning knobs or faders to control the pan and another to control the tilt.
But I'm not sure how to do this.
Can you help?
Thanks.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Re: Assign X-Y offset of moving head to controller

Post by simonB »

Do you want to:
1.a separate switch to disable any other pan/tilt switches and switch to MIDI control?
2.create a pan/tilt submaster to scale pan tilt values using the BCF. For example if you have a circle effect and you move a "TILT" fader on the BCF, the circle moved upwards.

If 1.
-create a switch called tilt control, a switch called pan control
-Assign dimmer min/max function to the tilt channel in the tilt switch and the pan channel in the pan switch, set the max to 255
-shift+right click the switch, add dimmer dial
-shift+right click the switch, link to console->button dimmer function, move the fader on the BCF
-you may want to go to switch settings and set "This switch is always on"

If 2.
It is not currently possible to SCALE the pan and tilt (it will be very soon!). What you can do is add or subtract a pan/tilt value.
-Make a switch, call it ADD PAN
-Assign the dimmer minmax property to the pan channel in the editor and set the range to 0-255
-Close/save the button
-Shift+right click the switch -> show dimmer
-Shift+right click the switch -> link to console, button dimmer function (then move the fader on the bcf)
-Switch settings, set the priority ADD (Add to current level). You may also want to set the priority "This switch is always on"

Repeat the above steps to make a subtract button, and an add and subtract button for the tilt channel.

We will be introducing a couple of new functions later this year:
-SCALE switch priority which will scale all values on a chosen preset
-Possibility to control a selection of fixtures at the same time from the XY grid, so you could use the XY grid as a pan/tilt scaler
Simon
--
Sales/Support
Dojec
Experienced Forumor

Post by Dojec »

Thanks for the answer.
For the moment I could only program a switch with a fixed offset, not one that can be adjusted according how far you slide a fader.

Regards.
Walter
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

See the programming->channel dimming video tutorial at www.nicolaudie.com/nicolaudietv

This tutorial explains some of the options you have
Simon
--
Sales/Support
awpross
New Forumor

Post by awpross »

I have a question regarding the SCALE of pan and tilt. Will this function cover the posibility to scale pan and tilt per button and device? Would it also be possible to set an offset for pan and tilt per button and device? What I would like is a function like the "Pan/Tilt Settings" in the Fixture Patch but for an individual button or group of buttons.
simonB
SuperMaxi Forumor

Post by simonB »

If you want to scale per device you will need to make a separate switch for each device or group of devices you want to scale.

If you want to make an offset you need to made an add or sub switch.

An offset grid may be nice but we will not be developing larger features like this for a while.
Simon
--
Sales/Support